Thursday 15 November 2012

Ad Buster: Reflection

Technical
For this piece I used photoshop to change picture. I used the hue/saturation tool to change the colour of his face, clothes and puppies. I also to pictures from the Internet to add the background and collar to the dog.  

Idea/Concept 
For my assignment I wanted to show how people become idiots when they drink so I used the idea that when people drink beer they become clowns. I decided to take a Molson beer that had a hot guy advertising the beer and changed him to look like a clown. Clowns are foolish and they often do silly things.  We tend to laugh at their behaviour like we laugh at people who are intoxicated. 

Influences
When I have been with my friends, I have seen young people around my age, drinking and acting foolishly.  Their out-of-control behaviour has influenced me for this assignment. People who drink to get drunk act like idiots. I find that people under the influence tend to act crazy and ridiculous, which often gets them into trouble. Sometimes, they are in trouble with family members or the police in more serious situations.  I felt that I should show what these people look like to me when they are in that state and the clown image captured this.

Composition
This advertisement is a little more symmetrical than asymmetrical. In this advertisement, our eyes do not really move around the picture. Your eyes start by looking directly at the image of the clown located in the centre of the page then your eyes travel downwards to the puppies. Placing the clown in the middle of the page really directs the viewer's attention to the message I'm trying to portray.

Motivation
My motivation for this assignment was trying to make this hot guy look ridiculous. Truthfully it was just fun for me to change the colours on the guy and fool around with how he looked.

Critical Assessment
For this project I found that the most successful part of this piece was changing the colours of the guy. It really made him look like a clown by changing the colours. With more time I might have added a few more things to him to make him look more clown like. I would have done more with the puppies because all I really did with them was turn them white. I didn't find that any of the parts of the process surpised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment