Sunday 9 September 2012

Part 1: Strategy



a       What do you think that family, friends, and art schools are expecting to see in a digital portfolio?

I think they are expecting to see my art, creativity, talent, and skills. They want to see my ability to be an artist.  They are coming to see something new that they have never seen before.  They want to see something that reflects me and reflects the world around me.

b.      What will likely surprise them in a good way?

Hopefully the originality in my works and the talent I possess surprises them in a good way.
I want them to be positively impacted through the type of art that I produce and show such as nature, fantasy and other stuff.  I will provide them with links to other artists and things that inspire me.  I will show them the sources of my creativity and ideas.

c.       Is your audience’s (family, friends, art schools) world energetic and chaotic, or Subdued and reflective? Which mood would you like to set for your portfolio?

I think the audience I want to appeal wants energetic but with a bit of reflective in it. I’d like to show a bit of both in my portfolio.  I want the art to make them think but I also want it to affect them emotionally.  My work will have elements that are energetic and colorful but my subjects will be things that make people think.

d.      Do they operate in a realm where quality and craft are held above all else, or do commercial impact, practicality and clear communication rank highest priority?

I believe that my target audience operates in quality and craft above all else. The people I am trying to appeal to probably want good quality and high craft.  I want to aim for studios like Pixar who want to see originality and innovation.  My target visitors to my site will expect something new and different that makes them think.

e.      How far off the beaten track and what price do they put on originality versus tried-and-true designs?

The audience I want to attract I believe are looking for originality more than tried-and-true designs.  I believe they are looking for things totally different and unique to other art.   Studios like Pixar want something new; the try to make a creative environment where people think outside the box.  My audience is used to things that are outside the mainstream and I want to give them that impression of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment