Monday 17 September 2012

Reflection: Album Cover



Technical 
For this project I used digital camera and Photoshop to create my art. I used hand-made objects in my house as subjects for the photography and I used Photoshop to give the photos a personal effect.   

Idea or Concept 
At first I had an idea of using Green Day as the band for my cover; Green Day is a heavy rock type band but has thoughtful lyrics. As I took the photos I thought the hand-made subjects were better suited for Rascal Flatt another band I enjoy; Rascal Flatt is a country rock band and there down-home style fit better with the subjects that I photographed.

Influences 
I didn’t have a specific influence for this project; it was a project with its own unique inspiration.  I just winged it.

Composition 
My composition was I primarily asymmetrical. On the front cover I draw attention to the candle and then the eye is drawn to look around it at the art and effects on the edges.   The back cover draws attention to the star and then leads the viewer to the clock face and finally the song titles.

Motivation 
I want a job in the creative arts in my future. I have to get better and grow in my artistic skills to move towards my goal.  Likewise I need to show my skills so I may obtain my dream.

Critical Assessment 
I sort of liked the effects I used on the clock in my opinion I think it’s interesting and gives the photo a painting-like feel. If I could work on it more I would make the artwork look more hand-made.

No comments:

Post a Comment